Saturday, February 24, 2018

2018 Fresno Mardi Gras

Oh my goodness it has been exactly one year since I have posted. I have been so busy. We went back home for our birthdays. In August we went to Sacramento for the Sweet and Hot and for my parents' anniversary. Then we went back home for the Pismo Jazz festival and our anniversary in October. And we went home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We took Malcolm to Avila Valley Farm for the first time and to Monarch Grove and we took him to meet Santa Claus and see some Christmas trees. In January we celebrated Malcolm's 2nd birthday. He had a party at his Shepherd's house and then we went to Chuck E. Cheese on his birthday with Brian and Becky. He had so much fun with that but he was afraid of Chuck. And now for what this post is really about. Anyways, Thursday February 8th grandma Shonda and Tim came and we celebrated his birthday with them and Becky came as well. Malcolm got some great presents. He got some Paw Patrol toys and he got a toy drum set which he loves and he got a wagon which is great for the jazz festivals. My mom and Tim also brought some of the stuff that was given to us by my grandma Holm including Malcolm's cornet and trumpet that we got during Christmas time but we couldn't get it into the car. Grandma Holm also gave Malcolm a few books and a Thomas the train blow up bed which is great for the jazz festivals. We also had Tim take some things back so we could fit our new couch and love seat in our living room. Then early Friday February 9th we sent Tim on his way back and James, Malcolm, my mom, and I all went to the jazz festival and we ended up listening to some Gino and the Lone Gunmen in the Atrium and then we went to Subway and we ate our lunch and then we went back and walked around and James and I got our badges and then James took me to work while grandma took Malcolm around. I am not sure what bands James and my mom went to but I know at 1:45 pm they sold for Blue Street and the first set the singer was not there. Then when I got off at 5:30 we went back to the Double Tree and we sold for Blue Street with their special guest Randi Cee. After that set we headed to the Atrium and we watched Grand Dominion with their special guest Brian Casserly and at that time my dad came. Then at 8 pm we went to Salon C/D and we watched Sister Swing and then we watched Gino and the Lone Gunmen. Then we came home and had dinner and put Malcolm to sleep. Saturday February 10th we woke up early and got ready and we went to the Sequoia room and we listened to Devil Mountain at 10 am. Then after that at 11:15 am we went to Salon C/D and we sold cds for Blue Street. After that set we went to the Atrium and we watched the Dixie Dominus for a little bit and then we went and we ate lunch. Then at 1:45 pm we went to Salon A and we watched Gator Nation and then Gino and the Lone Gunmen. Malcolm ended up taking a nap so we laid him down in his wagon. After Gino and the Lone Gunmen we watched Yosemite Jazz Band. Then we headed to the Atrium and sold cds for Blue Street at 5:30 pm. Then at 6:45 pm we headed to the Salon C/D and we watched Tom Hook and then Gino and the Lone Gunmen's Elvis set and then Gator Nation. I ended up walking between Gino's set and Blue Street's set because we didn't realize they were playing at the same time and James told Gino he would sell cds for him. After the Gator Nation set we came home and we had dinner and put Malcolm to sleep. Then Sunday we woke up early and headed to the gospel set. James and I bought some coffee from Starbucks. Blue Street's gospel set started at 9:30 am and it was in Salon C/D. We sold out of cds at that set. Then at 10:45 am we went to Salon A and we watched Gino and the Lone Gunmen's last set and we said bye to Gino. At noon we went to Salon C/D and we watched Sister Swing and then at 1:15 pm we went to Sequoia room and we watched Blue Street's last set. The whole time we were at that set Malcolm was blowing kisses to his adoptive auntie. After that set we talked to Malcolm's adoptive auntie and she blew him kisses back and then we said bye to everyone else and then we came back home. My parents' packed up and then they headed back home and I ended up taking a nap. We had Shepherd's group that Sunday but we ended up not going because we were so tired. The highlights of the festival was Malcolm blowing kisses to his adoptive auntie, my mom and dad meeting Ashley Kothe and Sammy's parents, buying a mask from Ashley for Malcolm, doing the parasol parade and the masquerade parade, Malcolm trying to get a kiss from Ashley's youngest daughter and Malcolm jumping in Ashley's oldest daughter's lap and giving her a hug, Malcolm dancing with the swing dancers, me getting my Gino and the Lone Gunmen shirt from my mom, getting my new hat from my mom, and of course all the swing dances I got to dance.



                                                     My mom, James, Malcolm


Dancing with Grandma


Grandma and Malcolm with a pirate minion


Grandma and Malcolm


Dancing with one of my dance partners


Mommy and Malcolm during the Masquerade parade


Masquerade Parade 


Grandma and Malcolm during the Masquerade Parade


Daddy and Malcolm during the Masquerade Parade 


Daddy, Mommy, and Malcolm during the Masquerade Parade 


Malcolm in his new mask 


Sitting listening to the band play


Elvis Smile


Grandpa and Grandma


Grandma and Gino


Me in my new hat 


Nap Time


Swing Dancing with Tom


Me in my Gino and the Lone Gunmen shirt





No comments: