Monday, September 3, 2012

Encouragement... God is Good

So I have been a bit depressed lately because of things I have been going through. Ever since we have gotten back from Mammoth I have hid in a shell and not come out. I just recently started to come out on how I was doing. After I started to tell people how I was doing God started to show encouragement just through the people who love me. First thing was some of my co-workers gave James and I some food when they found out we couldn't afford any food. Then on August 30th my friend Crystal messaged me on facebook and all her message said was "Hi! Thinking and praying for you today. How was your day?" Then that same night (August 30th) my friend Pam messaged me and asked for my address. I was thinking she wanted it because she wanted to send a card or something. Then the next thing I know she tells me she can help us with some food. Then Pam continued to ask what my shoe size and my clothes size was so I told her and she asked me what I needed there. Saturday Sept. 1st I got a text from my mentor that had me smiling and she even encouraged me to be strong and then she told me that I could get this figured out. I left a message to both Crystal and Pam that said they put a smile on my face. When Pam told me... "You are a special person and I am happy to be your friend and sister in Christ" I was encouraged once again. Then yesterday I was encouraged at church. We sang The Stand and Happy Day and well both songs had me encouraged. Later we were offered to take a class with Crystal and her husband Martin and then we were given a name for a budgeting counselor. The encouragement hasn't stopped yet. Today my mentor sent me text and ask if I was able to get help so I told her about the help we got and she was glad we got help. I always am happy when I make my mentor proud of me and I am very happy when I make her glad. My mentor reminded me that "God is Good. And so are you." Today I needed that reminder because sometimes I feel as if I have failed and could have done something better. But wait it doesn't stop there I later checked my email and I had an email from another church family member of mine (Michelle). In the email Michelle told me that the two videos I posted encouraged her today and she sent me a video which was How He Loves and it was another great reminder for me. I am very blessed to be saved and I am very blessed to have been encouraged and I am very blessed to have encourage a friend of mine. God is Good!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing how God is faithful. You glorify Him!

Amelia said...

Thank you Elizabeth. God is continually faithful to me. Today my day was a blessed one! :)