Monday, January 19, 2015

Random thought about losing connection with someone you care about

Have you ever been so close to someone that when you lost contact with them it hurt? Yesterday in church we had a great testimony and then Pastor Wil gave a great sermon as he always does. I sat there and I started thinking how much I miss the family who started me going back to church. Sure I grew up going to church and then when my grandpa got really sick we started going only on the Holidays. Back in high school I had a friend who told me all about a High School youth group she went to and I wasn't sure at first about going but she told me that there was a lot of people I knew from school and once she told me that Amanda Dickson and Bailey Brennan were attenders of that youth group I immediately asked my mom if I could go and I got extremely close to all of the High Schoolers in that group. Sure I didn't have to get close to Amanda and Bailey because I went to Elementary, Jr. High, and High School with those two... after all Amanda's mom was one of my 3rd grade teachers. That is when my relationship with Gina Alston and Julie Knudson began. Julie and I even did a bible study at her house in Lompoc and then one day Julie told me they were moving and I was heart-broken. Julie and I emailed each other, we wrote to each other, and we of course talked on the phone. And after Julie moved that is when I started to get to know Karen. Karen was like an adoptive aunt to me. Then one day I moved to Fresno and that is when I lost all connection with Julie and her family. I was so heart-broken that I tried and tried to gain contact with them. The emails I sent kept coming back and I lost her address and her phone number. One day James and I went back to visit the church and this blonde haired lady walked into the church with her husband. I turned to James and told him I think that is Julie and Eric Knudson but as time went on I kept telling myself no it wasn't but then to my surprised I was convinced and yes it was Julie and Eric Knudson. I went over to where they were sitting and I introduced James to them and Julie told James how precious I was and she told him to take good care of me. That was the last time I saw them in person and the last time I talked to them. Just yesterday we started our worship time with Shout to the Lord (thanks Jason)... I was amazed I made it through without tears. I was really missing Karen and then I started to think how we sang that song at Ev Free of Santa Maria and Julie was the one always standing by me as we sang that song. So here is a youtube video to Shout to the Lord: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn5CMSSAx_c. I have so much to tell Julie... I want her to know how I came to Christ and I want to tell her that James and I have been married for almost 5 years now and I want to tell her all about the Woman Studies I have been in and I want Julie to know about some of the trials I have been through and I want Julie to know all about the church I go to now and how much I love it. I pray that one day I gain complete contact with Julie again.

     Me with Julie, Eric, Elise, and Emily Knudson on their last day at EV Free of Santa Maria


                          Emily and Elise in the Nursery at Ev Free of Santa Maria


                                                           The Knudson's

No comments: