Saturday, November 8, 2008

New Life in Fresno

I have been thinking about my walk with the Lord and I have enjoyed it so much here in Fresno. Yes I am still homesick, but this is my first time living on my own and I am still learning all of the financial stuff that I need to learn like how to only spend money on the things I need to buy that are a necessity. I enjoy Fresno State so much though. I have met some wonderful people there... most of the people I have met is mostly in the Criminology Fraternity that James is in. I never thought that this would be such an easy walk and it isn't an easy walk, but it is a lot easier then I thought it would be. James and I have found a wonderful new church, with Pastor Steve's help, in Clovis that is an Evangelical Free Church. James and I went to one of the churches here and didn't really enjoy it because there was 3 services and each service had way too many people in it, so we never got to meet anyone, so we tried Clovis Evangelical Free Church also known as CEFC and within the first Sunday we went we fell in love with the church and met so many people who all took us in with open arms and they made us feel so at home. Some of the people that have made a difference in my life at CEFC are Ashley and her husband Jim, Dan, and Chip. Ashley and Jim have been trying to get James and I connected in the church and Ashley has told me she would do the best she could to help me in my walk. Dan has made James and I feel so welcomed at Soul Cafe and for those who are wondering what Soul Cafe is... well it is a bible study that James and I go to after the first service... we study the word and we have snacks as we discuss what we are study on that day. Then finally Chip is always willing to pray for me and James whenever we need it the most. I really do love my new church and my new church family, but nothing will ever replace The Harbor though, so now James and I have two churches. Not only do I go to a wonderful church and go to a wonderful school, but I got great neighbors that I love to death. I am also engaged to the most wonderful man ever. I never thought when I asked James 5 years ago to help me with a title on my English paper that we would start dating and then we would get married. I have continued to look forward to see what the Lord has in store for me with in my few more years here in Fresno!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi there! I came to your blog via my blog, where I saw you had visited on Feedjit. Thanks for putting a link to my blog on yours!
I just wanted to tell you that it blessed me to read about how you are seeking God, attending a good church, and that God has given you mentors and people to help you to grow. And getting married? WOW! That's so great. God bless you, and keeping seeking Him!!

Anonymous said...

awwww so sweet amy! we love having you here in fresno!! glad to see you have found it a welcoming place and hope you continue to smile because everyone loves to see it!!!